5/11/07

Tia Emilia, Aunt Emily


English version (Version en español abajo)

My aunt Emily or Emilia is seriously ill. My dad has told me today that she has entered a comatose state. She was diagnosed with some sort of cancer about 1 1/2 years ago and went through chemotherapy and anything else possible.

My dad says that we can only wait for the inevitable.

I am so far away from home and I feel so powerless because I can't do anything. I cannot be with my family to even offer a little support. I do not know what to do but just feel very sad and depressed. My aunt Emily is one of the best aunts in my dad's side of the family. My mom always used to tell me, "She is the mom of all her brothers and sisters, she is a very good aunt, mother, sister, daughter". With all the horrible moments my family has gone through in this lifetime, my aunt Emily has always been there for us. How can I even imagine my family without her?

Aunt Emilia, please hold on. We all love so much, we are with you all the time, every minute, every second. You have given us all so much in this life, and because of that, we all love you forever. I beg for a miracle to make you better, my dear Aunt.

Español (English version above)

Mi padre me ha dicho hoy que la salud de tía Emilia es de suma gravedad. Tía Emilia ha ingresado en un estado de coma. Ella fue diagnosticada con cierto tipo de cancer hace 1 año y medio atrás.

Con mucha tristeza, el me ha dicho que solo podemos esperar lo inevitable.

Estoy tan lejos de casa, de mis seres queridos y me siento muy impotente de no poder hacer algo, ni siquiera de ser capaz en brindar algún tipo de apoyo moral a mi familia. Solo puedo sentirme muy triste y deprimido a la distancia. Tía Emilia es una de las mejores tías que he conocido. Tía de pocas palabras y de apariencia fría, pero preocupada siempre por todos. Mi madre solía decirme, ¨Tía Emilia, ella es la madre de todos los hermanos y sobrinos. Ella es una buena tía, madre, hija, hermana¨. Tía Emilia, siempres ha estado allí para ayudarnos a todos cuando más lo hemos necesitado. Cómo imaginar a la familia sin tí?

Tía, fuerza, sigue con nosotros. Aún tienes mucho por qué vivir y compartir con todos los que te queremos y apreciamos. Estamos contigo cada minuto, segundo, pensando en tí, y rogando, suplicando que de alguna manera, la mejoría llegue a tí.

No comments: