5/15/07


Name: Chobi
Other Name: Rambo (I'm sorry Chobi, I didn't give you such a name)
Gender: Boy
Parents: Golden Retrievers
Age: 4 years old
Friends: all kids
Memories: Leskita and Michikito
Enemies: I wish somebody
Specialties: swimming in the ocean


Picture: Chobi after making an interception.

Posted on March 15th 2007

Chobi, both are names for the Golden Retriever I gave my dad as a present, three Christmas ago. He was a late gift because I got Chobi on Christmas eve, only 30 minutes before the pet shop would close. I was thinking about what kind of present I could give him and I thought maybe a dog would keep him good company.

I still remember the day I saw him at the pet shop, I had to choose between him and a small dark brown labrador dog which was also adorable. At the end, I settled for the golden, that is who later became Chobi. Somehow, somebody had given my dad the idea that the name of Chobi should be Rambo, yes, after the horrible movie with that bad actor. But golden retriever's are peaceful dogs.

Picture: Chobi, an expert napper.


At first, my dad complained about Chobi, saying "I can't take care of a dog", and we had many fights over this. One day, I went to see Chobi and he was not there anymore. He had left Chobi with this other person. Suddenly, because this other person liked Chobi, his attitude towards him changed immediately. However, I also want to believe that little by little, Chobi's affection changed my dad's temperament. Today maybe they are inseparable. They go to work together, they go fishing together and they do almost everything they can together.

Chobi is very smart and typical of a golden, so good to make new friends. Everybody adores his smile and kind heart. He loves to go out in the truck and the ocean.

Picture: "Hello, I am Chobi"

I love you Chobi, and I hope to see you soon. We can go out and play like we used to do when you were just a little boy. I am so happy that you are part of the family. I am very thankful to you for bringing so much joy to my dad, in times we all needed merry times.


Picture: Chobi at the park when a young boy.

Updated March 15th 2008

But sadly, I have not been able to see you for a long time. Because the very few times I could visit you, you were never there. I know better, I know where you were, and I think it was sad that I couldn't be allowed to see you. And I saw you being taken away by that person. I am so sorry Chobi, because I know deep inside you remember me and also wanted to see me. Are we just meant to be memories of each other? Maybe until one day, we can meet each other again.


Oh and I noticed you are getting really fat. My dad says that nobody has time to walk you out, but I am sorry, i don't believe this is true. Just like I don't believe him when he told me that he could not bring you anymore because you would poop out in the park and the city guards had warned him about this (but how could you poop in the park if nobody has time to walk you? And that park has a sign that says "pets allowed" and if you were a homeless dog, to whom would they complain? And if they walked you, couldn't they pick up your poop? But he also said that it was too hot for you to go there. But I wonder if it was also too hot at the other place where you were staying. So I am sorry, this has become part of what is normal for you.

I love you Chobi. I miss you always.




No comments: